The list below shows 20 useful structures which are
angry / annoyed /
WITH someone FOR doing sth.
- What are you soangry / annoyed about? - They were
furious with me
for not reporting the problem in time.
delighted / pleased / disappointed
secretary was delighted withthe present her boss gave her. - Were youdisappointed with
the balance results?
bored / fed up
- You getbored withdoing the same thing every day.. - I'm completelyfed up with
preparing the same reports all the time.
surprised / shocked /
- Everybody at the office was surprised
at / by the news. - We were shockedat / by the
condition of the office we wanted to rent.
excited / worried /
- Was john Martin really excited about going to Djemsa in Habraka? - The new supervisor is upset about not
being invited to the seminar.
afraid / frightened /
- Is Mr. Dowson afraid of planes? - Yes, he's terrified of them. I don't
know how he will manage to fly to Japan!!
proud / ashamed
- I'm not ashamed of what I did in the company.
- ln fact, you should be quite proud
of your honest secretary!!
jealous / envious / suspicious
- Why are you always so jealous of your brother-in-law?
- My boss didn't trust me. He was
suspicious of my intentions all the time.
good / bad / excellent / brilliant
AT (doing) something
- I'm not very good good at auditing figures. What about you?
- Oh, I'm excellent at that, but I'm so bad at
married / engaged
- Linda is married to an American manager. (not with
an American manager)
- My assistant is engaged to an interesting guy. (not
with an interesting guy)
FOR doing something
- I'm sorry about the noise last night. We were having a party.
- I'm sorry for shouting at you in the office yesterday.
- Violeta is crazy about American movies. She'd go to the movies
- The director was very impressed by the new Harper & Grant
- Hector Grant was really impressed with the exhibition
- The Italian city of Florence is famous for its art treasures.
- Who was responsible for all that noise last night?
- The new factory was quite different from what I expected.
capable / incapable
- I'm sure you are capable of doing this survey without any help.
- The accountant was incapable of analysing the figures.
- The employee was a little short of money, so he had not a better
taking some from the cashier's box.
- It's incredible!! The secretary's handwriting is similar to mine.
WITH people, etc.
- The official opening of the new factory extension at Harper & Grant will
place tomorrow. I'm sure all the offices will be crowded with
You have just studied that many adjectives in English take
certain prepositions when followed by nouns or verbs. This activity is
rather challenging for you as the adjectives in the sentences below
have not been include in the list above. So please, try your
comprehension by choosing the best alternative
from the menus.
Although Paul is really young, he is
It is necessary us to improve our after-sales
Is your notebook compatible my Apple?
The customers are very critical some of the products we sell.
We must be attentive the needs of our customers.
We're certain the positive results that a
campaign can have.
I was not aware the fact that these models no
We are very satisfied this year's profits.
I'm interested OM Personal new business course.
We're quite concerned the problem of stock management.
to OM Personal are fond the "personal touch" that
we try to emphasise in each of our
courses and tutorials.
The neighbourhood residents seem
enthusiastic the opening