SECTION B - Exercise 1
1. has been killing; 2. of; 3. let; 4. up; 5. at least; 6. searching; 7. no; 8.
9. to buy; 10. into; 11. to mash; 12. ought; 3. would; 14. unable; 15. dead
SECTION B - Exercise 2
1. In my opinion it's time the
government stopped pulling old buildings down.
2. I was advised (by him) to get a bike as using public transport is (was) quite
3. He must have hurt himself in the garden when he was mowing the lawn.
4. She seems to have lost her way.
5. Being an engineer, he has a great deal of experience with machines.
6. If they hadn't been playing tennis they shouldn't (wouldn't) have been
7. Try getting up earlier and taking some exercise in order to get fit.
8. No matter how clever he is, he can still make mistakes like everyone else.
9. I can't stand being in a room where everybody is shouting.
10. In spite of the fact that they try very hard to protect some species, some
organisations are not always successful.
SECTION B - Exercise 3
should never have heard / should have / to prove / wouldn't miss /
will be working / have been one day / should stay / have been / is