SECTION B - Exercise 1
2. f; 3. d; 4. c; 5. b; 6. a
SECTION B - Exercise 2
The sooner you stop smoking, the
better you will soon feel.
2. Despite the fact that he was on a diet, he couldn't resist the temptation to have chocolate pastries.
3. If I had known your number, I would have phoned you.
4. You must have it (your hair) cut.
5. He is likely to meet the President.
SECTION B - Exercise 3
to get / was leaving / complaining / had bought / took / had not filled /
to stop / was not / had switched / would have been
SECTION B - Exercise 4
1. have completed;
2. hard; 3. such a; 4. shouldn't; 5. let
SECTION B - Exercise 5
2. on; 3. with; 4. down